Cosford Airshow 2023 (discuss everything)

Forum for information about the annual show at RAF Cosford
SteveLeighton

Re: Cosford Airshow 2023 (discuss everything)

Post by SteveLeighton »

Just recieved the survey by email. Tried not to be too downbeat but had to be honest. Not a show for me anymore. I'll probably win the tickets for next year now.

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

Just wondering is there a UKAR review of Cosford this year?

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Ye, it’s on the way. 👍🏻

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

Still trying to think of something positive to add, eh? :thinking: :face_vomiting:

UK Airshow Review
UKAR Staff

Post by UK Airshow Review »

Seahornet

Post by Seahornet »

Thanks Nigel, that's a comprehensive, measured and fair review. I think we all join you in wishing all success to the Cosford Airshow team in the future, and in hoping for better things to come.
And as the smart ship grew,
In stature, grace and hue,
In shadowy silent distance grew the iceberg too....

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

Good review, one small thing though. The French Parachute team jumped from a Short Skyvan not the Herc that the Falcons jumped from.

Seemed to be pretty fair and balanced, which might have been hard given the complaints leading up to the show day.

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

jasonT1981 wrote:
Tue 11 Jul 2023, 6:40 pm
Good review, one small thing though. The French Parachute team jumped from a Short Skyvan not the Herc that the Falcons jumped from.

Seemed to be pretty fair and balanced, which might have been hard given the complaints leading up to the show day.
AAh yes, of course! my apologies and thanks for the correction.

Although writing a review is a personal thing by its very nature - its an opinion piece - I always keep an eye on the forum and of course talk to others to see what went down well, what didn't. The thing is with Cosford it seemed to be oh so nearly there, but fell short. Onwards and upwards I hope, because it would seem a lot of the shortcomings could be so easily improved.

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

Wrexham Mackem wrote:
Tue 11 Jul 2023, 9:46 pm
jasonT1981 wrote:
Tue 11 Jul 2023, 6:40 pm

AAh yes, of course! my apologies and thanks for the correction.

Although writing a review is a personal thing by its very nature - its an opinion piece - I always keep an eye on the forum and of course talk to others to see what went down well, what didn't. The thing is with Cosford it seemed to be oh so nearly there, but fell short. Onwards and upwards I hope, because it would seem a lot of the shortcomings could be so easily improved.
I do want to support it next year, but I won't be rushing to buy tickets right away like the last couple of years.

The Skyvan was actually a personal highlight for me, having grown up partly in East Belfast I had family in Shorts factory and had many tours of it and saw quite a few aircraft roll out for first flights (mostly tucanos). Never thought I'd see the Skyvan again.

MiG_Eater

Post by MiG_Eater »

A really fair review. I agree entirely with the general theme which seems to be that everyone wants Cosford to succeed, but that this year there were a few missed opportunities, and a fair bit of bad luck, that made it a poorer showing.

I really do hope to be back next year - but I won't be buying my tickets before the flying is announced.

purple_95

Post by purple_95 »

Has anyone else noticed just how active some of the Cosford social media accounts have become over the last few weeks, sharing photos people have taken at this years show and guess the aircraft competitions. Offers some hope that we might see a bit more in the way of communication in the run up to the 2024 show.

LukeyBoy787-9

Post by LukeyBoy787-9 »

Any One no when tickets are due on sale?

speedbird2639

Post by speedbird2639 »

Their website is just a holding page at the moment - tickets for 2023 went on sale 18th Nov 2022 so I would check back then to see if they are up and running with their new website.

Following them on X is probably the best way to be informed.

https://twitter.com/cosfordairshow?ref_ ... r%5Eauthor

TheFreightForwarder

Post by TheFreightForwarder »

Tickets On Sale from next Friday according to the website

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

TheFreightForwarder wrote:
Mon 06 Nov 2023, 4:40 pm
Tickets On Sale from next Friday according to the website
Not rushing into buying them for 2024. I bought them early and before anything was announced in 2022 (and 2023 based on the Swiss F5s) but will be holding off until I see what various Air Forces etc have Cosford on their schedule as well as waiting on a good few announcements from Cosford themselves before committing.