La Ferté-Alais 2023

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
Col. Chibani

La Ferté-Alais 2023

Post by Col. Chibani »

The 50th (!) Ferté-Alais airshow will take place this week-end.

Flying program available here : https://letempsdeshelices.fr/plateau-aerien/
Weather forecast is just perfect.

Apart from the special birthday, this issue will have a particular tone, without the presence of Bernard Chabbert, that sadly passed away last december.
I will be attending on Sunday, with a faint hope of being granted by a surprise F-22 / Rafale flyby, after their yearly La Fayette tribute, that happens on the morning of the same day.

Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Re: La Ferté-Alais 2023

Post by Skyflash »

A great line-up as always for one of the most charming airshows in Europe. All the best for a great weekend to those lucky enough to be going.
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...

st24

Post by st24 »

Would love to be there again, looks great and the weather a tad more settled than last! Having lost me dear old mum last week though, everything's on hold at the moment...
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

Quite understandable that you're unable to attend this year Geoff. Condolences for your loss mate! I've made a late decision to go as the weather & content makes the trip worthwhile.
Can't believe there's so many people in this Country that have never been to this amazing event! :astonished:

st24

Post by st24 »

Stagger2 wrote:
Sat 27 May 2023, 3:25 am
Quite understandable that you're unable to attend this year Geoff. Condolences for your loss mate! I've made a late decision to go as the weather & content makes the trip worthwhile.
Can't believe there's so many people in this Country that have never been to this amazing event! :astonished:
Thanks mate, yes, puts things into perspective a bit, makes you re-set.
Like OW, there's a lot of stuff that's there every year but it's always got that atmosphere and sense of fun, love the place...
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Mike

Post by Mike »

Sorry for your loss Geoff, my condolences

PeteFenwick

Post by PeteFenwick »

Attended yesterday (saturday), brilliant weather without a cloud in the sky until the last hour with some high level cloud but the sun was down the runway by then hence for pics not so good then.

Outstanding mix of modern and old with some very nice formations-German Hercules with T28's and Skyraider, 3 Navy Rafales-2 with paited tails. Several older mixed groups and the T6 airfield beat up with pyrotechnics was marvellous as was the painted Belgian F16 with lots of flares

My 5th visit and the best yet (in large part due to exceptional weather). well worth a 36 hour trip

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

I've just returned from La-Ferte-Alais airshow this Sunday (just 15 miles southwest south of Paris!) where aside from seeing multiple Historics, Warbirds, frontline jets (Dream Viper with pyro's plus FN.Spcl Tails Rafales in-flt refuelling demo!) & ALAT helicopters.
The new Luftwaffe C-130 led a formation of Vietnam era aircraft & then followed that with a Demo' of configured flypasts & energetic returns. :sunglasses:
The venue & weather made this trip essential viewing. £28 tickets on the gate for 5.75 hrs of continuous action with overlapping ground taxi movements & Flying Demo's, all conducted under blue skies. Wow! :smiley: