Avord JPO 30 Sept - 1 Oct

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
st24

Avord JPO 30 Sept - 1 Oct

Post by st24 »

Made the long trek down to Avord (last time I was there was 1989 :confounded: !) for both days at the show. A small deal really, very little static with no visiting French types other than in the flying - PdF, Rafale solo, Requin Mike pair, Para team and Equipe Voltige solo and pairs Extra 330; A400 didn't show Saturday and I had to leave before it's slot yesterday so unsure if it made it. Home team E-3 was active with some special marks on the port side only and it's flypast on the Saturday was a lovely banking top side, trailing a Phenix and C-135FR with 2 Rafale, sod's law the '135 was a no show yesterday :rage: E-3 also flew a very odd ooking Khe sahn approach and performed a flypast with the PdF which was different. A special anniversary fin Xingu flew (annoyed to see it visited Waddington today- at least it was cloudy! :smirk: ) with 3 others and 2 Flamant in the charmingly named "Patrouille Chamomile" - they did the same in '89 too, marking 40 years of Xingu ops. Talking of Xingus - what's happened to the dark Grey ones- all the ones over the weekend were in the rather nice grey/white finish?... Foreign visitors were limited to a static Belg SF 260 and ItAF Avanti whilst Vrieske rung out an F-16 ( I take it the Dream Viper has had issues as he flew a standard jet) and unfortunately, the Red Arrows :sleeping: Noratlas only made a couple of flypasts yesterday and with a few other civvy and warbird acts that was pretty much it. That said, weather was glorious :sweat: - I've done well with all my foreign treks this year weather wise and photography access was very good, sun slowly goes over your left shoulder around 4pm so a decent weekend out.
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

st24

Re: Avord JPO 30 Sept - 1 Oct

Post by st24 »

You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Mike

Post by Mike »

Nice write-up Geoff

Did you forget to take any photos of the Jodel?

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Dare I say, the E-3F in French parlance is more likely called "HAWACS"? :innocent:

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Mike wrote:
Fri 15 Dec 2023, 5:22 pm
Nice write-up Geoff

Did you forget to take any photos of the Jodel?
The one next to the Reds?
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/