Warplane Workshop Series 2

Aviation sightings, roadrunners, exercises and flypasts
keithjs

Warplane Workshop Series 2

Post by keithjs »

I see this starts again next Thursday (7th March) at 9pm on More4 with the Shuttleworth Spitfire. Anyone know whats in the rest of the series?
...Rad shutters auto.

Professor_M

Re: Warplane Workshop Series 2

Post by Professor_M »

keithjs wrote:
Thu 29 Feb 2024, 4:30 pm
I see this starts again next Thursday (7th March) at 9pm on More4 with the Shuttleworth Spitfire. Anyone know whats in the rest of the series?
Thanks for the heads up - the last series was a good watch and I look forward to this one.

Navy Wings at Yeovilton should feature...

Professor_M

Post by Professor_M »

From the Warplane Workshop Facebook page...
Buckle up for Series 2 of Warplane Workshop now on final approach to More 4.
Next Thursday at 9pm you can see the engineers at the Shuttleworth Collection preparing their rare Spitfire MkV for a new season after a major overhaul.
Coming up in the next five weeks we’ll be following several epic restorations, including the UK’s only flying Hawker Tempest, capturing behind the scenes action at Duxford's legendary Fighter Collection and telling the incredible story of the rebirth of a fighter shot down in the Battle of Britain.

keithjs

Post by keithjs »

Fairly good effort I thought. Just a pity they have to insist on using this ‘false jeopardy’ idea all the time. Still, it was good publicity for Shuttleworth which can’t be a bad thing.
Next weeks is on the new Tempest II so hopefully that should be good.
Last edited by keithjs on Sat 09 Mar 2024, 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
...Rad shutters auto.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Which new Tempest V would that be? 🤷🏻‍♂️

FlyingMachinesTV

Post by FlyingMachinesTV »

One show features TFC in the build up to Legends

keithjs

Post by keithjs »

Mike wrote:
Sat 09 Mar 2024, 9:05 am
Which new Tempest V would that be? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Hi Mike, Oops, sorry, I meant the Tempest II from Sywell…. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
...Rad shutters auto.

centaurus18

Post by centaurus18 »

Apparently the 1st episode was full of stupid music that drowns out and corrupts the engine noise....
Mark
'We’re in the stickiest situation, since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.'

keithjs

Post by keithjs »

centaurus18 wrote:
Sun 10 Mar 2024, 1:24 pm
Apparently the 1st episode was full of stupid music that drowns out and corrupts the engine noise....
Quite! Supposedly its for 'dramatic effect'.....whatever that is.
...Rad shutters auto.

ozplane

Post by ozplane »

I thought last night's edition on the Tempest 2 was excellent. Good to see some younger engineers getting involved and I was surprised how many sub-contractors were involved but a great final result.

keithjs

Post by keithjs »

ozplane wrote:
Fri 15 Mar 2024, 12:33 pm
I thought last night's edition on the Tempest 2 was excellent. Good to see some younger engineers getting involved and I was surprised how many sub-contractors were involved but a great final result.
Yes indeed. Fascinating to see what actually goes into such a project. Saw it at Duxford last year on static, so looking forward to seeing it fly now..Congrats to all involved.
...Rad shutters auto.

tankbuster

Post by tankbuster »

keithjs wrote:
I watched the Shuttleworth Spitfire and though it was an incredibly amateurish production
Last edited by tankbuster on Fri 15 Mar 2024, 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Professor_M

Post by Professor_M »

Looking at the TV listings, Spitfire IX TE517 next week.

Schanche

Post by Schanche »

tankbuster wrote:
Fri 15 Mar 2024, 4:29 pm
keithjs wrote:
I watched the Shuttleworth Spitfire and though it was an incredibly amateurish production
I just glad to see the background side of the warbird fraternity and just what has to be done in this type of show amateurish or not well with the watch for normal folk. But if not for the purists then watch something else.

sdad

Post by sdad »

It struck me how well edited was the Tempest episode.

StandardTom

Post by StandardTom »

tankbuster wrote:
Fri 15 Mar 2024, 4:29 pm
keithjs wrote:
I'd rather see it as it was than not at all. I actually didn't think it was too amateurish... I think it's great that there are people out there with the will to air a show about warbird restoration in he UK. Having said that, i prefer the episodes where they focus on one aircraft, rather than going back and forth between a few. However, i enjoyed the episode showing TFC in the lead up to Legends.
My Photos on Flickr
My Photos on Instagram

Cheers, Tom.

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

For me the BHHH episode has been the most 'off target' show so far! Nowhere near enough focus on the subject aircraft & too mush b&w footage of Battle of Britain archive film.
By all means tell me about the work ethic, but for Chris' sakes show me more of it being done! :thinking:

Mike

Post by Mike »

The issue with that particular aircraft is that not much was being done on it during the timespan of the filming, for various reasons.

ozplane

Post by ozplane »

Did anybody notice the Republic SeaBee in the background of the shots of the N3N restoration last week? It doesn't appear to have had a Permit for quite a few years.